Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Always Ready

I am a person who is very flexible and loves to be spontaneous.  These are good qualities to have if they are kept within limits.  Realistically, there is very little way to maneuver through life successfully without a little bit of openness to the unexpected.  The emphasis needs to be on it being just a little bit rather than the norm for life.

Benedict, throughout the Rule, calls for a readiness to act as soon as God's direction/call is revealed in daily life.  As soon as:
  • I hear the call for prayer,
  • I receive a request from the Prioress,
  • I see the person in need,
  • the guest arrives at the door,
at that moment, I am to put aside whatever else might be present to me and proceed to attend to God in that situation.

How open am I today to respond to God's call in the dailiness of life?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment