Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Goodness of Life and Wisdom in Teaching

Among the qualities set forth in the election of an abbot--or leader--are goodness of life and wisdom in teaching. So example and teaching are essential for leadership.

Benedict understood that the example of a life lived according to his principles and values would be an effective reinforcement to sound teaching. It helps me to be able to see concretely how the concepts of the Rule look in daily life.

Although I may want to be inwardly directed and centered on Gospel principles, I need living role models that can show me the way and that can also help me get back on track when my way may deviate.

People are always in need of heroes and role models to show how to walk the path to true happiness. Today in considering the example of our leaders, I need to reflect on who might be considered true examples of Christian living for me. How am I being an example of this for others?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment