Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

Listen with the Ear of Your Heart

I recently finished a major translation project for the Communio Internationalis Benedictarum (CIB), an international consortium of Benedictine Women. They are preparing to have their Symposium in Italy in a few weeks. Their Symposium is held every four years. The topic for this conference is "Listen with the Ear of Your Heart."  I was privileged to be invited to provide the Spanish translations for this event.

As I worked on preparing the texts, I was invited into the experience of attending this conference (although from a distance) since I had access to the material for all of the keynote speakers and most of the other information provided for the participants. In the process I learned a couple of things:
  1. I was able to see that although I have good language skills in both English and Spanish...there is still plenty of space for growth in both.  Yet, once again, I do not know EVERYTHING...this time, though, I could be okay with this new understanding.
  2. There is lots to continue learning and listening to and I can get really excited about all that is happening today in the areas of monastic research.
  3. It is good to be able to do some of the background preparation to get an international event going--although I would love to be there one of these years.
  4. In listening to one another and in sharing different insights everyone grows.
I can definitely see where there is a need for more collaboration on a global level. And I am excited to be able to participate even on a small scale.

Today, as we stop and ask for God's blessings on human labor, I pray for all to be able to find dignity and worth in whatever their work or ministry is in our world.

Sr. Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment