Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Now Is the Hour to Arise from Sleep

I am most definitely a "morning" person. Actually, more like a late night/early morning person. I function best between about 1:30 and 6:00 am. My thinking seems to be clearer (or at least, the racing thoughts are more slowed down) and I can be quiet and reflective. There is not much else that can happen at this time of day. Usually, I don't even feel tired or sleep deprived...just kind of calm and secure. I have been this way since childhood...my favorite time of day was early mornings sitting in the corner of the kitchen as my grandmother would get things started for the day.

Today, Benedict invites us to rouse ourselves and to face the deifying light which is Christ in our daily encounters. This search for God in daily life reminds me of waiting for the sunrise early in the day. Sometimes the wait can be long and seemingly eternal, at other times, it can be surprisingly quick. Sometimes seeing God in my life can feel like an impossible "treasure hunt" and other times it is an amazing gift. Yet, everyday (at every moment) God is there if my eyes and ears and heart are open to the encounter.

How is God being present in my life today?

Sr. Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment