Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Way of Life

"...the Lord shows us the way of life."  (RB. Prologue)

I like self- help books and diy guides. I use them as suggestions for how to achieve a desired goal. So while I would never really follow a pattern exactly I would at least use it as a guide for knowing what the basic result should look like upon completion. The experimentation that I do along the way as I aim at this goal just adds more excitement and variety to the journey.

St. Benedict tells us that God shows us the way of life--in a sense, God hands us a basic plan of what life can look like if we follow the advice and guidelines set before us in the Rule. I like that because although the process for baking a cake or making a decoration might not be that important within itself; my life is. I want to make sure that I am heading at least in the correct direction in my life. I desire to know at the end that I have been heading towards God all along not just wandering about aimlessly. This knowledge gives me a little peace as I continue on my journey.

May God bless everyone today as we continue on our journey towards God.

Sr. Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment