Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Consent and Constraint

Following my own will, my wishes, my personal desires can lead me down the wrong path. Experience has proven this fact time after time, yet it seems to be one of those life lessons that I can not quite embrace gracefully.

I find that when I start dictating how life needs to be or start placing boundaries on what is acceptable, I am actually closing myself off from opportunities for potential growth and insight.

When I can open myself to the possibilities offered, I find that surprising gifts and graces are in store for my life. All I need to do is let go of my thoughts of how "things ought to be" and step into the process with faith.

I pray for the ability to be present to God's voice in my life.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment