Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

After an extended summer hiatus, this blog will resume posting reflections on monastic life and the Rule of St. Benedict.

The Rule of Benedict begins with the word listen.  I am a person who loves to talk, words and communication, so I am fascinated with the idea of listening.

Listening is more than hearing.  Whereas hearing is a natural function, listening requires my acknowledgement that sound was produced that needed to be heard.  Listening is an intentional activity.  Listening invites me to open my ears and my heart to the message that the other person has to share.  Often, it is in listening to another person that I can find God's voice in my life.

Am I willing to open my heart to listen to God's voice today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment