Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Running Towards the Kingdom

If we wish to dwell in the tent of this kingdom, we will never arrive unless we run there by doing good deeds.  RB80.Prol.22

I have recently embarked on a personal journey toward greater wellbeing which has included an exercise/activity component as well as nutrition and other aspects.  Since my new found interest in exercise, the concept of running towards the kingdom of God in monastic life grabbed my attention.

What are the components that are necessary to move towards God in daily life?  What is the training program that I need to commit to for living intentionally and faithfully?

Although I will probably never get all the pieces of life just right, there are small steps that I can take daily in my training for life. 
  • I can commit to full participation in monastic life as it is lived at St. Joseph Monastery.  I can show up for prayers, meals and community gatherings ready to be engaged in whatever is happening.
  • I can do my part to be a good example of our life for our employees, students, guests and those with whom I live.
  • I can strive daily to maintain some of the initial fervor and excitement which was present initially when I first entered our community and was in initial formation.
By doing these small things, I will eventually inch my way towards the kingdom of God with my monastic community.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment