Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Desiring Life and Good Days

Today's image from the Prologue of the Rule has God standing before a multitude calling out the question: Who is the one who will have life, and desires to see good days? (Psalm 33[34].13 paraphrase)  This invitation to live the fullness of life is one that has attracted me for years.  I would be the first to state that I love life and long to embrace it fully.  (I have never been known to be a fan of half-measures...I am usually fully committed to totally disengaged.)

I would be the first to jump up and accept God's invitation to life.  God also provides advice on how to live the life which is being offered.  The requirements are pretty basic:
  • be a person of integrity--speak the truth from my heart, be consistent about who I am, be honest with myself and others;
  • stay away from evil and follow the good when I encounter it;
  • seek peace (in all aspects of my life) and pursue it.
These are all things which I have known most of my life.  All of these are connected to all of those socialization skills and life lessons learned growing up.  If this is so basic and such an intrinsic part of life, then why do I often find myself needing to remind myself about my commitment to life? 

What am I doing today to reenforce this commitment in my daily experience?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment