Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sevenfold Praise

The Prophet says: Seven times a day have I praised you (Ps 118[119]:164). RB80.16.1

We are reminded of the need to keep our connection with God open all day long, all the time. In ancient times, seven was considered the perfect number, the number of completion. Therefore if prayer was on the lips seven times daily--it would be constant.

I have a need and a desire to praise God often because of God's generosity and graciousness. I am a person who loves life totally and tries to experience life fully. There is so much in creation and nature that causes my heart to praise God.

I desire to remember always God's goodness to me. How can I pass on this sense of God's goodness to others?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment