Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

O God Come to My Assistance

Each of the community prayer times is to begin with the following invocation: O God, come to my assistance. O Lord make haste to help me. With this constant reminder throughout the day of our need for God's grace and mercy, our day is filled with an awareness of who I am and who God is in the world. God is Creator, I am created.

Sometimes it is hard for me to remember that, especially if I am on a very successful stretch of time when most things seem to be going extremely well. I can have a tendency to take credit for the successes and accomplishments in my life and forget that actually they are all a very generous gift from God; since without God's grace I can do very little successfully.

This verse at the beginning of our community prayers recalls this fact for me. I am invited to remember throughout the day, whose I am and to whom I should be grateful.

May I always remember to praise God for his gifts to me.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment