Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Counter-Cultural Being


Your way of acting should be different from the world’s way; the love of Christ must come before all else. (RB 4.20-21)


How is my way of being different from the world’s/society’s way? I ask myself this question daily.

We teach our youth to stand up to peer pressure and to stick by their beliefs yet sometimes I feel as though I was much more successful at facing peer pressure as a teen than I am now as an adult. Maybe it’s that adult peer pressure is much more subtle…after all isn’t it normal to be competitive, to aim higher than the rest and to desire to achieve success? What’s wrong with wanting to be noticed and acknowledged (all the time)?


The second part of today’s quote gives me some insight. It is the love of Christ which needs to be before all else not my will and my desires.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment