Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Way of Life



See, how the Lord in his love shows us the way of life. (RB Pro. 20)



I am directionally challenged. Not that I get lost very often…I just find a new way to arrive at most places. The idea of having the path of life marked out for me so that even though I might stray a little I can be sure of arriving at the right destination is appealing.


The Rule, the Gospels, and community life provide that GPS function that I was born lacking. If I remember to listen attentively with “the ear of my heart” to God’s promptings in my life, I can be confident that I will find God’s path to happiness for me. It is our daily prayer together that keeps me focused on this path of life, everyday in all circumstances.


Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment