Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

An Upside Down World


…Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled, and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted (Luke 14:11; 18:14) (RB 7.1)

This is an upside down world. What should be up is down and the down is up! How confusing!

Humility seems to tell me that I should never think about myself or acknowledge my strengths and uniqueness. At first glance, humility is asking me to melt into the background, become invisible. An image which to me is about as appealing as luke warm dishwater. Yuck!

True humility, though, has to do with an awareness of the truth of who I really am. I know that I am not the best at everything or the worst. I am created and loved by God. I have been given many talents and abilities that I am invited to use for the sake of others.

How am I using these gifts today?
Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment