Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ceaseless Prayer


How can I pray without ceasing?

This question has been with me since my youth. The concept intrigued me but I could never figure out how that could be translated into a real, lived experience. How does this work?

About a year ago some of us who had this question made a commitment to study our monastic tradition together and to begin the practice of living in the presence of God. We were not quite sure how it would work or how long it would take but we felt that we had to do something to begin living intentionally in God's Presence.

Through our mutual support and commitment, we are beginning to experience some of the fruit of our study and can see God's hand touching our daily lives. Now at the end of the day I can ask myself--How have I experienced God's presence today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment