Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Short Prayer


We must know that God regards our purity of heart and tears of compunction, not our many words. (RB 20.3)


Most people don't need to know me long to realize that I am a talker. I firmly believe that if few words are good then a multitude of words must be much more meaningful.


When it comes to prayer, though, I have always been fascinated by silence and stillness. Even as a child, prayer was one of the few times when I could just be still and not need to do anything. Benedict reminds us in Chapter 20 of the Rule that God already knows what is in our hearts and what our needs are. God does not need us to explain in detail what we need. God just wants us to be still and be open to his love and will for us.


Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment