Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

Waiting for All to Arrive


Although I am usually up and ready early enough (I tend to be a morning person), it is not unusual for me to be sliding into my seat in the Oratory about 15 seconds before the bell for prayers in the morning. I don't intend to be late, it just creeps up on me. There is always one more sip of coffee I can take, one more email I can read, one more little thing I can squeeze in before that bell rings and I would be late.


Benedict understands that there are those in his monastery who are like that and makes provisions for it. In Chapter 13, RB instructs that the first psalm (Psalm 66) should be recited very deliberately so that all have an opportunity to get to the oratory in time for the second psalm.


Thank God for Benedict's foresight and wisdom.


Just a reminder that we are having 3rd Saturday this week from 11:00 am--2:00 pm.


Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment