Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

Having Our Minds in Harmony with Our Voices


...and let us stand to sing the psalms in such a way that our minds are in harmony with our voices. (RB 19.7)


I have always longed to be a person of integrity. A person who says what she means, acts on her principles and has no real separation between thought, word and deed. This image is an ideal, of course. As much as I would like to be totally in sync with all my actions it will probably never occur in my lifetime.


St. Benedict, however, provides a method for me to be a person of intergrity in at least one area off my life--prayer. In his instructions on prayer in this chapter, I find a key to being totally myself before God at all times. The key is humility.


May I always remember who I am before God in prayer.


Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment