Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

Saying Alleluia--Giving Praise


Alleluia has always been a word that reminds me of joy, praise and excitement. Maybe it is my need for action and movement that makes me literally feel like clapping my hands and dancing when I hear the word. It feels like a very life-giving word. ALLELUIA!!!


In the Rule, Benedict gives guidelines for the use of Alleluia during communal prayer times. Basically, it is to be used throughout the Easter Season (between Easter Sunday and Pentecost) at all times in prayer. On all Sundays throughout the year, except Lent, it is also to be used. This practice is to remind us of the rejoicing that needs to be part of our lives.


Part of our task as Christians is to praise God unceasingly for the many great gift received--life, health, creation, forgiveness.


Have I remembered to thank God today?


Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment