Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Founding Generation

I am blessed to belong to a community with a long history in Oklahoma, a tradition that is well over 1500 years old and a faith that is over 2000 years old.

The traditions, history and legacy of these three are a source of hope and comfort for me. I do not have to reinvent my life. I can take time to learn from the past, treasure the successes and possibly learn from the mistakes. I can revel in the awareness that I am connected with those who have gone before me in this way of life. I can still ask them for guidance, help and example. In a sense it is like having tons of older siblings and role models in life.

Today I am grateful for all who have nurtured my faith, have formed this community, and have been instrumental in developing our community today.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment