Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

God is Everywhere

One of my favorite psalms is Psalm 139. This is a psalm which talks about God being present everywhere and in every circumstance. The psalmist asks God at one point "where can I run from your presence,..if I fly to heaven you are there if I travel to the netherworld you are also there..."

I have loved this image of the all-knowing, all-present God from my childhood. It just always made me feel secure to know that no matter where I was or what I was doing God was still very alive and present with me through my good times and protecting during the bad. I also meant that even if my parents or grandparents were not always physically there to protect me God was. That was comforting to me.

Even today, I can look around me and see evidence of God's providential love and care for me. How has God been present in life today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment