Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Lenten Check Up

We are ending Lent at the same point as when we started. On Ash Wednesday, we began the Season of Lent looking at what would bring us closer to God in our lives. Today, as the Season of Lent ends, I can look over the past weeks and see where I have grown, been faithful and where my resolutions faltered.

I always seem to start Lent with promises of huge growth and great progress on my spiritual journey. Fact is, most of my Lenten resolutions rarely make it much past the First Sunday of Lent. I do remember to get up and try again everytime that I fall short. The wonderful thing about Lent is that it reminds me that I cannot save myself, no matter how hard I try. That is why I need the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus. Where I am unable to help myself, God has been gracious enought to save me through the Death and Resurrection of his Son.

As I reflect on the events of Holy Week, I pray for a greater awareness of God's Love for me and for us all.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment