Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Praise God Wherever You Are

Chapter 50 of the Rule invites us to remember to praise God wherever we may be, in whatever circumstance we might find ourselves. Benedict uses the example of a person going on a long journey--one that might keep me away from remembering who I am and what I am about in life. His injunction to praise God wherever I may find myself reminds me that I desire to be the same person in the monastery as I am on a journey, at work, on the ball field or in the classroom. The same elements that go into shaping my character for community need to be present in my daily life no matter what I am doing.

I have always longed to be a person of true integrity. May God mold me daily into the person that I am created to be.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment