Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mid-Lent Check Up

Today's selection from the Rule of St. Benedict is Chapter 49: On the Observance of Lent. Today we are also at a midpoint in this year's lenten journey. It is a good time to reflect on my progress during this season and check to see where my resolve might be faltering just a bit. This year I chose to take a positive approach to Lent and my resolutions--adjusting my life to allow for more good than trying to actively suppress the vices. Although it has not been super easy I am happy to say that it has been manageable. I am still able to remember what my resolutions are and why I chose them initially. Although I have not fulfilled them perfectly, 100% 0f the time, I can definitely see where progress has been made and where my awareness has been heightened. I pray to continue on this road so that I can say on Easter that I have arrived at Easter with "joy and spiritual longing." What do I need to strengthen today? Where have I fallen in my resolutions that I need to start over again? Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment