Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

God Come to my Assistance

Our community prayers begin daily with the following verse: O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me. Everytime we gather as a group to pray we call on God's grace and mercy to be with us at that time.

This refrain doesn't just carry me through that prayer period, it helps me to remember at random times throughout the day that God is always present and ready to help. I just need to remember to call. That simple reminder, which really does nothing to change who God is, gives me the confidence I need to move forward in the day.

Being a person who thrives on being self-sufficient, I often forget to ask for help. This little verse reminds me daily who my real source of power is.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment