Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Single-Heartedness

Teach me, Lord, your way that I may walk in your truth, single-hearted and revering your name. Ps. 86.11

One of my life-long prayers has been for a steadfast heart that is focused on God. Granted, this is definitely an ideal that is not likely to be reached during my lifetime yet I continue to pray daily for the grace of that purity of heart.

This single-hearted path is not one that comes casually, as in I wake up one morning and find myself suddenly transformed into a true model of faith. It is my life's task here within this community of monastic women. Ultimately, we all share the same journey and desire but it is also the work of the individual.

So...how do I achieve this in my life?

One thing I do is plan time at the beginning and end of my day to review my choices and actions of the day. I thank God for the good and seek God's grace to do better in the future. In a sense, I try to reaffirm my desire for fullness and holiness daily.

How can I be more aligned with God's will today?

Please join our monastic community in prayer as we celebrate the Jubilees of Monastic Profession of Sister Mary Cabrini Boland (70 years), Sister Mary Michael Schwarz (70 years), Sister Christine Ereiser, Prioress St. Joseph Monastery (25 years), and Sister Catherine Martinez (25 years)).

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment