Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Overcoming Through Love

They are so confident in their expectation of reward from God that they continue joyfully and say, 'But in all this we overcome because of him who so greatly loved us' (Rom. 8:37). RB80.7.39

In addressing the fourth step of humility (obedience under difficult, unfavorable, or even unjust conditions), Benedict brings out the idea that it is the love of God which permits us to face adversity and overcome hardships that come in life.

Love is the key to many of life's more difficult moments, God's love for us which brought us to life initially, the assurance of God's sacrificial love, which is present in Christ's victory on the cross, and God's loving care which carries us through life.

My response of love to God is also present at times of transition when I choose to open myself in love to God's gift of grace rather than continue along my own path which might appear more comfortable but is not necessarily the most life-giving option for me.

The love and support of my personal support system is another factor which helps to make my life more enjoyable. God created me to be able to live the fullness of life and happiness.

How am I contributing to the peace and joy of others today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment