Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Good & Evil Zeal

I am not a person who is known for half-measures. Whatever I may be doing, I will probably jump in whole heartedly, enthusiastically participating with every part of myself. I thoroughly enjoy life.

Today, Benedict talks to us about good and bad zeal. There is a passion which can separate and be isolating or divisive. There is also a passion that can unify, inspire, and encourage others to join. The latter is good zeal. It is that spirit which can make anything seem possible and that gives teamwork a selfless edge.

I desire always to be an example of good zeal--of a passion for life and for the good of the whole that transcends the person and speaks much more of God and God's presence in the world today.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment