Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2009

On Defending Another

Toward the end of the movie, Cheaper by the Dozen, the character portrayed by Hilary Duff makes a statement about families and family ties--something like "I might feel like killing my family part of the time but I will kill for my family all of the time." This pretty much sums up my thinking about our community. Although our community is very human at times, I have a fierce loyalty to these women with whom I have connected my life.

These women are truly my Sisters in every sense of the word. These are the women who have seen me grow and have seen me at my best and at my worst.

There is a long history in our community of sets of siblings, cousins, aunts/nieces entering community. In these cases, it is not difficult to see where the familial bonds could either lead to very close community bonds or very stressful bonds.

As the year draws to a close, we remember the many Sisters who have gone before us in this monastic way of life.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment