Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Responsibility

I have found in my life that as I mature in the monastic way of life (sometimes just by the fact that I have been here a long time), I find myself getting some priveleges that I did not have when I was younger in community. But these "priveleges" are not necessarily just perks for living a long life--they often have responsibility attached to them.

For example, because of my ministry I have a car designated for my use on weekdays (perk) but with that comes the need to make sure it's filled, make sure to use the car responsibly, report any needs that might occur, try to keep track of when maintenance is needed (responsibility).

In Chapter 61 of the Rule, Benedict talks about those in community that receive extra honor or status and how that is to be viewed in community. This is also applicable in our families as children mature towards adulthood, more responsibility is placed upon them.

As we prepare for the coming of Christ in Christmas, may we be prepared to receive him and to share God's love with others as we continue to grow in faith.

You can now follow St. Joseph Monastery on Facebook and Twitter.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saint-Joseph-Monastery/209241422409?v=wall
Twitter: http://twitter.com/stjosephmon

Sr. Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment