Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

More Is Required

It is often easy to looking longingly at others and fantasize what their life must be like or wonder why someone is always chosen for special privileges. When I was younger, I always desired to be the person who was chosen to be the leader or who had all of these imagined "perks" in life. It always seemed so appealing and glamorous. Much more interesting than my life seemed.

As I have matured and be given more responsibilities and duties, I have also received some extra privileges. It seems that with the "extras" comes a larger portion of responsibility. I can't just have the "perks" and not be accountable. I need to remember the weight that comes with even small responsibilities...I also need to remember how to be part of a team so that when others are in leadership I can still participate fully.

How am I adding to the team today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment