Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

God's Gaze

Hour by hour keep careful watch over all you do, aware that God's gaze is upon you, wherever you may be. RB80.4.48-49

I grew up with a very real sense that God is everywhere and is an active part of my life. Much of this sense was nurtured by my grandparents who would spend hours telling me about the saints and how the Christian life was part of everyday life.

When my grandmother would teach me about God being her father and Jesus being her brother...I took it literally. This understanding encouraged me to make my faith my own also as I matured.

Today, Benedict invites me to reexamine this thinking and find new ways in which I can make God's presence active for those whom I meet today.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment