Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Good Works and Humility

Only in this are we distinguished in his sight: if we are found better than others in good works and in humility. RB80.2.21

I am always looking for that one thing which will set me apart from others...that special little thing that gives me the desired edge in life. Today, Benedict gives me insight into what sets me apart in community, on a team, in God's sight.

The secret: being better than others in good works and in humility. Doing what I am called to do; being who I was created to be and working diligently at that.

How can I accomplish this?

  • Doing the loving, caring thing...even when no one is watching.
  • Doing the next appropriate thing quietly. I don't have to announce everytime I do something kind or unexpected for another.
  • Offering to help out but not insisting on being the center of attention.
  • Remembering that everything in life does not have to be about ME.
  • Using my competitive nature to the best in doing good quietly and patiently.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment