Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Running With Good Deeds

If we wish to dwell in the tent of this kingdom, we will never arrive unless we run there by doing good deeds. RB80.Prologue.22



So far, Benedict has encouraged us to give up our former, haphazard ways in order to follow Christ. Today, Benedict is instructing us that the easiest way to reach God's kingdom is through the performance of good actions.

It is the accumulation of virtuous acts, good actions, and positive habits that move me ever closer to the reality of dwelling with God, in God's presence. It is not that I do not already live in God's presence; it is more that the closer my thoughts and deeds are connected to God the easier it is for me to remember that God is with me always. I desire to increase that presence within me. It reminds me that I am not alone in this life journey.

What am I doing to increase my awareness of God today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment