Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NIght Silence

Monks should diligently cultivate silence at all times, but especially at night. RB80.42.1

Silence is not a readily accessible gift to me. It is something I desire and I appreciate but a little bit of silence goes a long way for me. I just don't really get it.

When I first entered community, silence was a more difficult concept than flying to the moon would have been for me. What I have learned in community about silence and it's value has been to recognize the beauty of stillness and inner quiet.

I have begun to learn the value of opening myself and my heart to God's message for me. I find comfort in knowing that God speaks to me in quiet--that it is in stillness that God is best heard.

How am I listening to God today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment