Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lent Throughout the Year

Chapter 49 of the Rule of Benedict invites me to live daily life with Lent in mind. For someone who has never found anything terribly positive about the season of Lent, this can be a real downer. I am sure that Benedict is not expecting life to be a somber drudgery...so what could he possibly be trying to say?

The great feast that signifies the end of the lenten season is Easter--the feast not only when we get to celebrate by stuffing ourselves with chocolates, desserts and all that we deprived ourselves of for 40 days but the day that celebrates God's victory over death and the outpouring of God's love for us. It is that love which needs to be the driving force behind my daily life. I need to strive to live out the reality of God's love and to share that with everyone I meet daily.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment