Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Calling on God's Presence

Benedict directs that God's divine presence and intervention be called at all community prayer times. The verses he recommends are the following: O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me.

These two short verses help to keep me focused throughout the day and at our prayer times. It is important for me to remember to call on God regularly for assistance in my daily encounters. It is only with God's help and through his grace that any of my plans are able to be successful.

I also need to call on God with urgency. Many times I forget that my many successes and accomplishments are not achieved by virtue of my great power, intelligence or brilliance. It is only through God's graciousness that any of my projects are able to succeed at all. These are two good points for me to remember.

Am I remembering to call on God regularly for help? Do I remember to acknowledge God's providence in my life?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment