Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Living the Truth

One of the root elements of humility as a virtue is the idea that humility is about our humanity and truth. Keeping things in right perspective is essential for humility. Living in the comfort of knowing that I do not have to be the "best" (the holiest, the most talented, the smartest, the funniest) or the "worst" (the greatest sinner, the least worthy, the most pitiable). It really is okay to be somewhere in the middle--much like everyone else.

All that humility asks of me is that I acknowledge my humanity, praise God for my strengths, and work on my weaknesses quietly and patiently. All I am asked to do is to be the best version of "Catherine" I can be and to learn from my past failures. I need to find the lessons which are held within my mistakes and try to do better today than yesterday.

Living in this way helps me to keep things in better perspective and to keep the focus on my and my growth not on others.

May I continue to grow in humility.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment