Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pray Everywhere

Chapter 50 of the Rule of Benedict reminds me that I am the same person with the same life committments no matter where I may find myself. Whether I be at the Monastery, at work, traveling, or on vacation, I am still a Christian trying to live out my core beliefs and values.

One of those values is the awareness that prayer and praise are central in my life--for my life to be in balance. Although it is a harder to maintain my normal prayer schedule when I am away from the monastery, I find that I can definitely feel the difference in my life when I don't. I find myself more driven and anxious. I start losing the focus that I can maintain when I follow my regular schedule. I find that I need to rely more on others for that balance. I don't feel like myself anymore.

This might be a sign that my lifestyle has started to seep into my very soul. I would like to be a person who has prayer connected with their very being. Many of our older sisters are like that...I aspire to be like them. :)

Sr. Catherine, OSB

1 comment:

  1. I have found that as well. I started doing Liturgy of the Hours over the summer and although I am bound by no commitment or promise to continue I have noticed that if I skip it everything feel wrong.

    ReplyDelete