Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

God Is Always Watching

...let him recall that he is always seen by God in heaven, that his actions everywhere are in God's sight and are reported by angels at every hour. RB80.7.13

Growing up it seemed that everytime I had a new idea that would help me lead an exciting life an adult would be nearby to prevent me from acting on my impulses. It seemed that the adults in my life always were aware of what I was planning before I actually got a chance to have any fun.

One such event happened when I was in 1st grade. I was walking home from school with a group of friends and we decided to take a special shortcut to get home faster. We walked along the dry creek bed until we were directly across from our street then decided to jump over a neighbor's fence and cut across the yard. That sounded good and it could have been fun except...I was not a good fence climber (so I chose another fence that seemed more manageable but there were dogs loose in that yard). So when I jumped over the fence 3 dogs came toward me, barking loudly. My friends were already on the other side of the neighbor's yard. The owners rescued me but not before they had called my home to tell my grandmother what had happened. That was the last time I climbed a neighbor's fence in a long time.

Today, we hear that God is always watching us. He is aware of everything we do, not to punish us but to protect us and help us grow towards holiness. God is always like a loving parent watching over us. When I remember that I feel secure in God's love and protection of me.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment