Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Yearning for Everlasting Life

Yearn for everlasting life with holy desire. RB80.4.46

I LOVE life. I thoroughly enjoy the experience of awakening every morning to all the new opportunities available. To me, every new day is filled with a myriad of new experiences, adventures and ways to discover God in our world.

That being said...I need to examine whether I truly yearn for everlasting life with holy desire. Is it the fullness of life that I love or is it a life which is basically more of the life I live now? I would like to say that I seek the fullness of life...afterall, who would settle for anything less?

But what does this life look like? What is this fullness to which we are called through our baptism?

We are taught that the essential vocation of all baptized Christians is a life of holiness, modeled after Jesus. We are called to be "saints-in-progress." We are called to a life of love of God and others. We are invited to serve others within our respective communities and to be witnesses to the life,death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

If I am truly seeking to life the fullness of life daily, I need to ask myself: What face of Christ am I showing today to those I encounter?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment