Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Leading by Example

...he must point out to them all that is good and holy more by example than by words, proposing the commandments of the Lord to receptive disciples with words, but demonstrating God's instructions to the stubborn and the dull by a living example. RB80.2.12

Many have heard that actions speak louder than words. This principle is as valid for children as for adults. It is always easier for me to understand a new concept by seeing it lived out than by hearing someone talk or teach about different ideas.

I need to remember that also when I am in a leadership position. Many times the actions and attitudes of a person are much more influential than the actual words used. Friends who have known me for a while will tell me what a gesture or action of mine helped them to do something a little differently. I've usually forgotten the action by now. It helps me to realize that I can be an agent for growth to others many times during the day. That is an awesome responsibility.

How am I helping others to grow today?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment