Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Be Forgiven as I Forgive

The end of the Lord's Prayer asks God to forgive us in the same measure as we forgive others. That can be a dangerous statement in some instances.

Many times, I am not quite as quick to forgive as I wish others were with me. There are times when I can nurse the tiniest of slights or hurts for days, weeks, even years. For example, I can still remember the classmate in 1st grade who pushed me so that I fell and broke my front tooth. I can still remember the name of the person who teased me in high school when I did not have a date for the Prom.

On the other hand, I don't have quite as good a memory about my faults. I can't remember the look on my co-workers face the last time I made a careless comment. Or the response my sister made the last time I nagged her about being more goal oriented. I hope they have forgiven me as quickly as I obviously forgot about these instances.

During this Lent, may God give me the grace to be more forgiving of others and their minor infractions.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment