Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Tears of Compunction

I am not a person who accepts responsibility for my actions well. If I am successful in my pursuits, I am definitely the first to jump up and take credit. When I do fall short of the goal, I have a much harder time claiming the credit. My natural tendency is to come up with 1001 or more reasons why the failure was really not my fault. Failures are rarely my fault, actually.

Chapter 20 of the Rule invites me to acknowledge that it is my tears of repentance and true sorrow that God is looking for in my prayer--not my beautiful words. There is comfort in resting in God's arms laying out my faults and concerns before God. God still accepts me and loves me. God's love is free gift to me everyday.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment