Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent--A Season of Renewal

When I was younger, Lent always seemed like a depressing season well fitted for the end of winter. The only good thing about Lent was that I was not allowed to practice the piano on Fridays during Lent. That was actually a treat for me since I hated practicing.

As an adult, I have come to a new understanding of the Season of Lent. In some ways, it is a season of growth and new life. It is a season of expectancy and preparation. After all, once Lent in here you know that Easter and spring are just around the corner.

Lent can also be a time for a new start. By now I have usually forgotten my New Year's Resolutions or grown bored with them. This provides me with another opportunity to begin anew. I have another chance to make my spiritual life better.

May our Lenten observances bring us closer to God and God's Kingdom.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment