Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Without God I Am Nothing

At first glance, the 6th Step of Humility seems to have little to offer in the way of affirming me, my efforts and my accomplishments. Afterall, it talks about me being worthless, a bad worker and no better than a beast--hardly words meant to evoke a high self-esteem.

Yet, when looked at from a different perspective, the 6th step reminds me that everything is gift to us from God. My talents, skills, gifts and accomplishments were originally total gift from God to me. So although there is some good feeling to be had in realizing my goals, my successes and accomplishments...the ultimate source of all this good is God. The real acknowledgement to praise belongs to God who freely gives us all good gifts.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment