Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

In Humility...Freedom

When I can get to a point where I feel comfortable enough with who I am to be myself, I get glimpses of true humility. I am not generally a person who would be considered shy, but there is a brief period for me when am a little cautious about being myself.

Step 7 of Humility speaks a little to that ability to be totally oneself and transparent in every situation. I long for the freedom to be able to be the same in all circumstances--not to use the filter of other's thoughts or opinions as much as I use truth and honesty as a guide. Of course it needs to be truth and honesty tempered by love.

As I prepare for the upcoming season of Lent, I will look for ways to grow in this aspect of humility as I prepare with eager longing for the joy of Easter.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment