Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Holding On To Patience

The 4th Step of Humility is to hold on patiently when difficulties come. This is definitely one of the steps of humility that I still have a long way to go and grow before I reach maturity.

I have never been one to suffer well or to suffer quietly. I tend to like an audience around when I things are going wrong so that I have someone to listen to my whining. It does not even have to be a big issue that is causing the distress, actually with me it generally can take something pretty small. At the first sign of difficulty I tend to start planning my best defense, just in case things continue heading south.

The 4th Step encourages me to bear hardship and wrongs graciously. Rather than ranting that the alarm clock not going off, the bad traffic or the burdens of the day all set the world against me, I can look for where God and God's love can be found even in the hardest of daily situations. Once I can do that I quickly realize that no matter what is happening with me or to me, God does have a hand in my life and my life is not really all that miserable.

How have you been able to find God in your life lately?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment