Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

God's Will

And in the Prayer too we ask God that his will be done in us (Matt 6:10). (RB80.7.20)

What is God's will for me and my life? How do I know God's will for me?

For many years, these two questions haunted me pretty much 24/7. I knew that I wanted to do God's will...but I was never really sure what that was so I always acted with a fair amount of hesitancy. I wanted to do God's will but I also wanted certainty. I desired to listen to God and to know beyond any doubt that I was on the right path...I wanted the RIGHT answer.

I have come to realize that God's main desire for me is my true happiness. Not that I will be laughing and smiling my way through life--but my lasting happiness (that which will make me happy through all eternity). God has this desire for my good because of his love, the same love that created me in the first place.

God's ultimate will for us is that we be holy and eternally happy. That is what we are all created for. Although God has different paths for all of us, the end goal is the same...happiness forever.

What am I doing to further God's plan in my life?

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment