Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yearning for Life

Seeking his workman in a multitude of people, the Lord calls out to him and lifts his voice again: Is there anyone here who yearns for life and desires to see good days? (Ps 33[34]:13) If you hear this and your answer is "I do," God then directs these words to you: If you desire true and eternal life, keep your tongue free from vicious talk and your lips from all deceit; turn away from evil and do good; let peace be your quest and aim (Ps 33[34]:14–15) RB80.Prol. 14--17

Today's reading gives us the image of God standing on a mountain top calling out, seeking to attract followers. God's invitation to us is: do you long for life and desire to see good days? God, then, waits for a response.

My initial response is something like: Duh?? Of course, I do. After all, who wouldn't want the fullness of life? I know for sure that I want to experience everything to the fullest fo I am ready to sign up.

Before I get to far along, God puts forth the requirements for this life. I am to turn away from evil and deceit, practice peace and make that a way of life. I am to live a moral life that follows God's law. These requirements are steep but I desire to follow. I pray that God will continue to bless me along this path.

Sr. Catherine, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment